|October 2014 Board Meeting Minutes|
Fox Run Homeowners Association (FRHOA) Board of
Directors Meeting, October 15, 2014
Meeting began at 7 PM with Ann Baker, Christian Coulter, Joleen Dewald, Noel Gilbreath, Rod Langman, John Larese, Phil Lovelace, Louise Povlin, Mike Ryon, Jeanie Stow, and Harry Tucker in attendance. Joleen presided as president. Meeting was adjourned at 8:50 PM.
1) Minutes from September Board of Directors' meeting were approved without change.
2) Committee Updates
a) Architect Review: A new member, Ron Ziegler, was added to committee. No new plans were submitted this month.
b) Covenant enforcement: One undeveloped lot was finally mowed. A complaint was received about debris in the street. If covenants are not followed, FRHOA board will assess a $150 monthly fee on violators after they have been given their 30-day violation notice. Unpaid fees can be recovered through court action
c) Clubhouse: Reservations are increasing as fall arrives and we approach the holiday seasons. Louise wants to schedule a pre-season check of the heating system, as it had experienced thermostat issues last winter. Also, front door lock needs to be tightened and a parking lot lamp needs new bulb.
d) Swimming pool: A leaky toilet was repaired in women's restroom and the issues with plumbing in the filter room were also fixed. We got an estimate on winterization of the systems as well as adding new water lines to allow filling both pools at the same time; these improvements will be scheduled before next season. The pool furniture will also be put away in next few weeks.
e) Tennis court: The timer on lights appears to be disrupted as lights are coming on late at night; Rod and John will look at this.
f) Social: Nancy Wentz is organizing another wine tasting event. We will also look at having an adult gathering, maybe aimed at retirees.
g) Landscape & Erosion: Still need to have front area bush-hogged. We intend to develop long-term management plan for watershed and drainage basins. Need to have clean-up of the large upstream basin prior to winter.
h) Safety & Security: Joleen wants to sponsor seminars on home security and emergency preparedness to be held at clubhouse. We also discussed speeding issues and safety for walkers/runners.
i) Good Works: An outline of possible actions was developed. We will likely start with small service or neighbor activities aimed at getting volunteers to help put away pool furniture, put out holiday decorations, or support on-going charity work.
j) Communication: Directory should be sent to printer shortly. Web site needs to be updated, especially for links to architectural review committee and use of recreational facilities.
3) Covenant Changes: The collection of votes on the covenant change indicates strong approval by the residents. The Board of Directors will send out a final email to encourage residents who have not done so, to voice their opinion on the proposal and then finalize the process.
4) Financial Status: Christian provided an update on our finances. FRHOA expenses for September were $12,672, dues and fees collected in September were $4,291, and we have $144.977 in our bank accounts. Most residents have paid dues for current fiscal year, with only about 10 in arrears. Christian is in contact with these owners to arrange payments.
5) New Business: A Capital Projects list was generated for the next Fiscal Year detailing goals for further improvements to our neighborhood. The list includes short-term repairs like finalizing the new pool and tennis court locks, as well as long-term issues like re-designing landscaping along Union and Everett roads following Town of Farragut road projects.
6) The next meeting was tentatively set for
Wednesday, November 12, at 7 PM.