FOX RUN RECREATION AREA RULES
In accordance with the Declaration of Covenants of Fox Run Subdivision, the Board of
Directors of the Fox Run Homeowners Association has set forth the following rules for the
use of the community recreation areas. These rules have been developed with
reasonableness and the overall best interests of the homeowners in mind.
Interpretation of the rules is the prerogative of the Recreation Committee and the Board
of Directors. In order to accommodate unusual or unforeseen circumstances,
exceptions to the rules may be requested through the Recreation Committee. Variance
from a rule will be decided by the Committee based on the requests impact on
precedence and on other homeowners in the community. A direct appeal to the
Association Board of Directors may be made if the Recreation Committee rejects a request
and the homeowner wishes to continue to pursue the matter.
These rules are intended to ensure maximum enjoyment for as many homeowners as
possible. We realize that all homeowners will not favor all rules. However, it is
the hope of the Board of Directors that everyone will abide by them for the mutual benefit
of the community. The Declaration of Covenants permits the Board of Directors to suspend
the recreation area privileges of serious or habitual offenders of the rules, or for
non-payment of Association dues.
Each household is provided with one numbered key for the facilities. A replacement key is available for $25.
Swimming Pool Complex
In general, the pools can be used as desired. However, the goal of the two pool design
is to minimize interference when multiple users are present. The smaller pool is geared
toward toddlers and pre-teenage children. It has more and shallower step areas than the
larger pool. We encourage young children to use that pool, but they must have adult
supervision. Older children and adults without children are encouraged to use the larger
pool. We want to avoid conflicts where excessive physical activity could scare or impact
pool use by younger children. Also, the larger pool has lanes designed for lap swimming,
separated by a long rope. The middle float rope separating the deep end from the shallow
end may be folded over into the other section of the pool. Other recreational swimmers
should not interfere with lap swimmers. When finished lap swimming, the float rope
dividing the shallow end from the deep end must be put back in place.
- Vehicles are to be parked in defined spaces in the parking lot adjacent to the pool not
in the circle. The area at the pool entrance is not to be used for parking. Overnight
parking of vehicles is not allowed, without prior permission from the Board.
- The pools do not have lifeguards. All persons using the pool complex are doing so at
their own risk and are responsible for their own safety. Safety equipment, including a
phone, are provided for emergencies.
- An adult (18 years or older) who assumes responsibility for the child's safety must
accompany children under the age of 13 years.
- Toddlers (age 5 and under) are not to be in the larger pool unless an adult (18 years or
older) is in the water with them.
- Children's safety and behavior are the responsibility of the adult (18 years or older)
who accompanies them. Please monitor your children's activities.
- Running, jumping, diving, and excessive horseplay are not permitted.
- Bikes and skateboards are not to be used inside the fence.
- Abusive, loud, or profane language is not permitted.
- Floats, inflatable toys, and air mattresses are not permitted in the pool during times
of high usage or when the use of such articles would infringe on the activities of others
in the pools.
- Children who are not toilet trained must wear rubber pants with a diaper, training
pants, or similar protective wear.
- Consumption of food, other than beverages, should be limited to the cabana area.
Beverages in non-breakable containers are permitted in the pool complex. At no time should
drinks be poured into a pool.
- The pool complex is a nonsmoking area. Please do not smoke inside the fence.
- All trash should be deposited in the garbage containers provided. Please leave the
area around the tables clean.
- Pool furniture shall not be removed from complex, put into the pool, or used for any
activities other than its designed purposes.
- Residents should limit the number of guests to a number that does not have a negative
impact on the use and enjoyment of the pool by other residents. Normally, this means
one guest family per residence. An Association member, who is responsible for their
safety and conduct, must accompany guests.
- No pets are allowed inside the pool complex (inside fence).
- Organized recurring activities involving groups of people, such as swimming lessons or
water aerobics, are limited to Association members. An Association member may sponsor
special events, such as birthday parties, where non-members may participate. The
Recreation Committee must approve all such uses. Under no circumstances will the use of
the pool by Association members be restricted.
- Climbing over the fence or gate to avoid using a key is prohibited and is considered
trespassing under the law. Such actions are dangerous as well as illegal.
- Problems or concerns about water quality, equipment, or safety should be reported to the
The following rules will be strictly enforced to protect the Association from fines,
sanction, and possible pool closure by the Health Department. Please advise others whom
you observe in violation.
- No glass of any kind is permitted inside the fenced area.
- The safety ropes and life saving equipment must remain in place at all times. Pulling,
leaning, or sitting on the ropes is prohibited.
- The pool gate is to remain closed at all times. Do not prop it open with chairs, the
bike rack or other items.
- Residents are expressly forbidden to provide keys to non-members of the Homeowners
Association, or to those whose privilege to use the Recreation areas have been suspended.
Do not open the gate for those without keys, unless you recognize them as a member of the
Fox Run neighborhood.
Sports Field and Cabanas
- A written or email request for permission to use the field must be submitted to and
approved by the Recreation Committee prior to the first date of use. While requests may be
for an extended period of time, the Recreation Committee reserves the right to require
adjustment of practice schedules if the number of residents requesting use of the field
results in scheduling conflicts.
- All requests must be made by an Association member who has an active interest in the
activity such as a coach or parent of a participating player.
- Other than Association members or their families, the pool complex (including restrooms)
is not to be used by persons involved in soccer field activities.
- Sport activities are permitted only on the soccer field and only when weather and field
conditions are such that the field will not be damaged. The Recreation Committee reserves
the right to restrict use of the playing field if excessive damage/erosion begins to
- Maintenance, such as grass cutting, other than that controlled by the Association, is
not permitted without the consent of the Recreation Committee.
- Pets are not allowed on the field.
- Motorized vehicles are not permitted on the field unless being used for maintenance
- The basketball goal is provided for use by Fox Run residents only. Do not hang on the
rim. Do not change the height of the basket without permission from the Board.
- Picnic cabanas can be used on a first come basis. Be sure to clean up any trash after
you are finished.
- Loitering is not allowed in outlying cabanas or parking area by minors, unless it is
during an authorized social event.
- A sign up sheet to reserve the court is posted on the bulletin board outside the pool
- The time limit for play when others are waiting is 90 minutes.
- Bicycles, skateboards, roller blades, or any other objects that might damage the court
surface are prohibited.
- Only tennis shoes with non-marking soles may be worn on the court.
- No abusive or profane language is permitted.
- No climbing on or other abuse of the net or fences is permitted.
- No pets are allowed on the court.
- Trash, empty ball cans, or old tennis balls are not to be left in the enclosure.
- No activity other than tennis is allowed in the court area.
- The gate is to remain locked when the court is not in use. Keys must not be provided to
non-members of the Association.
- The court is reserved for Association members and their guests only. An Association
member must accompany non-member guests at all times. The Association member assumes
responsibility for the conduct of their guests.
- Shirts must be worn at all times while on the court.
Walking trails are for the use of residents and guests only, unless they connect to
adjacent subdivisions or become part of the Town of Farragut's greenway system.
- Motorcycles, motorized scooters, ATVs, and other motorized vehicles are not permitted on
the walking trails.
- Trash is not to be left along trail ways.
- Please cleanup after your pets.
- Vegetation is not to be cut or removed from the trail unless directed by the Homeowners
- All persons using the walking trails are doing so at their own risk and are responsible
for their own safety.
Fox Run Homeowners Association Board of Directors